Pages

Friday, July 5, 2013

Emotional weekend


Hi

I didn't manage to call Sky Television so I have to do that next week. :-)
What happened the last days? 


The last days I got up at 3:30. I know what your thinking. Who gets up in the middle of the night :-)
unfortunately I had to work :-) One day  I had the flight to Agadir, Flight time around 4 hours there and 4 hours back.


Gibraltar



The next 2 days I had the flight to Thessaloniki in Greece. Flight time is 2 hours to Greece and 2 hours back with a very early finish of the day.


For 7 years now, I am Pilot on an Airbus 319/320. Still enjoying my Job.



So the last days I finished early and I had a bit of time to prepare some things for the big move to Dubai. 
In my first post I mentioned that we (my wife and I) have 2 apartments because we are working in different cites. 
I managed to do a lot already in the small apartment were I live, I just need to sell the furniture, because we are not taking anything to Dubai from this apartment.

At the moment I am sitting in the Train back to where my wife lives, It's just a 5 hour ride :-),




That is where the big work starts. We can't do all that work  this weekend. Why? Because we need to do a bit more then in the small apartment. :-)

We need to decide what to take with us to Dubai, what to throw away and what to sell or give away. We won't take any furniture so we are going to give those things to my mother and my mother in law.
We have a lot of stuff in our basement and this is going to take weeks to decide what to do with it :-).
I am not looking forward to that, but that is something that needs to be done. :-(

It is a strange feeling, because there are only around 85 days left and then I will be leaving the country I grew up in. 

The good part is that my best friend, old and new colleague is going to Dubai with his family as well. He is moving there about 2 weeks before us. At least we know somebody down there when we arrive :-)

By the way, if anyone wants to have a look at his blog, this is the link

This weekend is also packed with emotional things. We need to tell our friends what we are up to. When I went for the assessment, I took my wife with me and we told all our friends that we are driving to the coast for a short holiday. Ups :-) was that a lie? 

NO :-)


What I can tell you so far about Emigration, preparing for the move......

There are a lot of things we need to think about. Some days I have the feeling that my brain is never going to stop thinking. The next day I have the feeling I am forgetting really important things. 

This evening is going to be relaxing. My wife and I will have a nice dinner on the balcony.

Our niece just finished school and tomorrow there is the Prom night. She is leaving for South Africa in August. The good thing about that is, she is flying Emirates, so she can visit us in Dubai when she comes back next year :-) 

So I am going to enjoy the rest of the train ride


Until next time 


1 comment:

  1. Looking forward to Dubai! Going through the same stress!

    ReplyDelete